About the course
The aim of this programme is to impart the understanding and skills required to manage complex computer systems as part of the support services of an organisation. This will include selection, installation, maintenance and support of a wide range of computing technologies and an understanding of currently recommended computing technologies.
This is an integrated course delivered both in Dubai and Edinburgh which offers a wealth of experience to students coming both from an undergraduate Information Technology background and from other relevant disciplines.
Graduates can expect to find employment with software houses, IT companies, computer services divisions of companies, financial services organisations, defence contractors or government IT agencies and as researchers/research students within universities.
- Computer Network Security
- Information Systems Methodologies
- Research Methods and Project Planning
- Project Management
- Masters project and dissertation
- Advanced Network Security
- Big Data Management
- Advanced Software Engineering
- Database and Information Systems
- Digital and Knowledge Economy
- Industrial Programming
- Mobile Communications and Programming
- Network Applications
- Software Engineering Foundations
After semester 2, students continue full-time on the MSc project.
In the third semester (May-August) students undertake a specialist MSc project which is written up as a 15000 word dissertation. This project enables further development and consolidation of skills introduced in the taught courses, applying them to a challenging practical problem in this subject area.
- MSc: 12 months (full-time), 24 months (part-time)
- PG Diploma: 9 months
The full-time programme starts in September.