About the course
Study for a specialist qualification in one of the most essential and in-demand areas of IT. Acquire a comprehensive understanding of cyber security theory and techniques, and their application in a commercial context. Learn online from anywhere in the world through our innovative, cloud-based server platform – and get skills and knowledge that could propel your future career.
“I chose this degree because all the modules were relevant for my work, and the fact that it's with such a prestigious University as well meant that it would have credibility.”
Anthony Nicol (UK) Online IT graduate
Gain advanced knowledge to protect organisations against cyber security risks
This 100% online master’s programme gives you the opportunity to:
- Develop skills and strategies for assessing and managing security risks in modern business environments.
- Design plans and strategies for security, dependability, risk and assurance.
- Equip yourself with high-level skills across a wide range of complex cyber security issues.
- Advance your understanding of the theories and protocols that underpin contemporary cyber security.
- Demonstrate your ability to develop and deploy effective solutions to real-world cyber security challenges.
- Acquire the knowledge to conduct effective investigations into suspected cyber-attacks.
Grow with one of the world’s leading universities
The University of Liverpool is ranked in the top 1% of universities worldwide1 and is a member of the prestigious Russell Group of research-led British universities.
The 2014 Research Excellence Framework rated 97% of the research produced by the University’s Department of Computer Science as world-leading or internationally excellent – among the highest ratings of computer science department in the UK.
The University has developed an innovative, cloud-based server platform to allow online IT students to develop practical skills in an environment that mirrors real-world IT workspaces.
Study a programme designed to develop the insight, understanding and expertise you need for senior roles2 in cyber-security related fields, such as:
- Chief Information Security Officer
- Security Director
- Security Manager
- Security Engineer or Architect
- Compliance Manager
- Security Risk Manager
- Lead Software Security Engineer